Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Destination, Determination, Deliberation and…….. Disappointment

     I haven’t had any blog posts for an embarrassingly long time.  Mostly it’s because my life has fallen comfortably into the “boring” category.  I get up early, go to work, spend my day using my degree (hahahahahaha…..), go home, maybe go climbing (I’m up to V3 bouldering routes, yay progress!), maybe hang out with Ben or the East Bay Supper Club, go to sleep, and do it all over again.  I went home for a few glorious, snow-filled days in December; Ben finally got his kidney sorted out, so now we can actually DO things again; and I’ve just been kind of hangin’ in there and slowly constructing my wedding dress.  I had a brief, shining moment where I thought I’d be able to go to medical school, but after doing the Time Zone Shuffle and the Airport Hop across the ENTIRE COUNTRY, my plane was late, I had a lot of trouble getting my rental car, and by the time I finally got to my hotel, it was 11pm, and I still had to iron my clothes!  So I was really tired, froze in ALL of my interviews, and was waitlisted.  So yay.  Go me.  That was the only school that offered me an interview.  The others either said no or haven’t gotten back to me.  I don’t have a whole lot of hope that I’ll get off the waitlist and into an actual spot in medical school.  Ben has heard quite a few “no”s as well, so it’s time to re-evaluate. 

     Plans A-D all involved some combination of one or both of us attending school in a variety of geographic locales.  As the “no”s pile up and our respective lists of prospective schools get shorter, Plans A-D look increasingly unlikely.  So now we need to formulate Plans E-H, to become the new Plans A-D.  Sometimes I wish I were in the book “The Giver,” so that I could just be assigned a job and not have to waste my time wondering how I plan to accomplish my life’s goals. I’m currently hiring a life planner right now.  I swear, I will do whatever you tell me to. 

      The only thing that is absolutely fixed right now is that Ben and I are getting married in Kansas in July.  So that’s a nice thing to have set in stone.  Unfortunately, what happens after that, is totally and completely unknown.  But, as Wilkie Twycross says in Harry Potter, when trying to Apparate, always remember the 3 D’s – Destination, Determination, Deliberation.  And eventually, you’ll get there.  Or get splinched. 
This was a super bitter post.  Here’s a photo of an Australian Shepherd.  LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. waoo nice post about "Destination, Determination, Deliberation and…….. Disappointment"

    Thanks,

    Gold Jackpot Call

    ReplyDelete
  2. waoo nice post about Destination, Determination, Deliberation and…….. Disappointment

    Thanks,

    NIOS Admission 2018

    ReplyDelete
  3. Railway Blog Really like the stuff you wrote and i already followed you for more posts like this

    ReplyDelete