Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yay Two-Year Anniversary


      Well, today was the day that Ben and I sort of decided was our two-year dating anniversary. We don't really know exactly what day it was that we went on our first date because the time that he asked me is so far back in our Facebook message history that it's almost impossible to retrieve it. But it's right around now. Here is our first picture together, from Gala 2010.  Hahahahahahahaha.  Awk.  
        And can I just say that Ben is a pretty cool guy? I don't want to gross you out by going on and on or anything, because lord knows I hate it when people go all gooshy about their special friends, and do things like make a big deal about dating anniversaries (ahem Benackie) but you know? I pretty much moved out here because of him (by which I mean, “I would never have come to California had it not been for his refusal to leave”), and it's been really nice having him around, and getting to see him more than three times in a year. He's so interesting! I mean, he knows all this stuff, stuff that I would never even think about knowing! A great conversation partner for sure. And he's also a big sweetie, and just an overall nice person. I'm pretty sure that we'll probably be together for awhile.  Here is a better, and somewhat more affectionate-looking photo from a month ago.  
      We went out to Fenton's to celebrate. Fenton's is a pretty famous ice-cream place in Piedmont, which is a little town that was swallowed up by North Oakland. It was actually in “Up!” which is my favorite movie OF ALL TIME. You know at the end, when the Kevin and Mr. Fredrickson are sitting on the curb with Dug, eating ice cream? They're eating outside of Fenton's. And there's a picture of that scene on the way to the bathroom.  The place we went to doesn't look like, this but that's not the point.  The point is that we went to a place that is featured in my favorite movie OF ALL TIME.  
      We got an order of curly fries, which came with ranch, and a brownie sundae. We decided to split the sundae because it was a little on the pricey side, but that's definitely a good thing, because that thing was HUUUUUGE!!!! Two big scoops of ice cream on a big brownie, topped with hot fudge sauce and whipped topping and nuts. IT WAS SO GOOD. It took awhile it eat it because we had just had supper.
      Then we took a little walk around the Piedmont area, which is pretty nice. We walked past a fabric store and I lusted pretty hard after some brown fabric with orange-and-white poppies printed on it. Then we headed to the MacArthur BART station, I dropped Ben off, and then drove home, and made it without getting lost. I might be getting the hang of this “navigation” thing after all...
       And the worst part about all of this is that I DID'T BRING MY CAMERA. I know, right?! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!? It's been happening more and more, and I don't know why!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment