Sunday, April 28, 2013

Recipes


Turns out that besides made-up soup/stews and tabbouleh, I don't actually have any recipes on hand. So I want you to send me some. A few guidelines:
  1. Keep it simple. Something that involves a million ingredients is probably going to get passed over in favor of something with fewer. I'm also easily cowed by ridiculously difficult recipes.
  2. Keep it cheap. Please don't make me purchase a $26 bottle of essence of baby squirrel tears if I'm only going to use it for one recipe.
  3. Keep it small. I'm only cooking for myself or Ben. I don't need 8 portions. I like leftovers, but I don't want to eat the same thing every night for a week.
  4. Keep the prep time short. Let's be real – I'm lazy. I don't want to spend hours braising and basting and boiling and whatnot.
  5. Send me your favorites.  Post them in the comments, message me, email me at unruhc816@gmail.com.  Whatever you want to do.  I'm just tired of eating sandwiches.     

2 comments:

  1. Here's one that Naomi and I liked:

    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Little-Quinoa-Patties-365029

    Don't worry, they're really not that hard and you don't have to have all of the super-fancy ingredients like goat milk and Gruyere cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up on your blog, Claire, and saw this. The only recipe I have indeed calls for Attar-of-Baby-Squirrel-Tears, so I'll have to dig up something more simple and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete