Sunday, February 3, 2013

Berkeley is like Middle Earth!

           Saturday was a social justice forum at Holy Names University, the Catholic school that the CW is affiliated with. It started at 9, but I had to be there early to help set up a booth and stuff, so it was a pretty early start to the day. The forum was very interesting – I went to two workshops, one over US immigration policy, and another over prison reform. They left me with a renewed hatred of US foreign and domestic policy regarding “others.”
           Afterward, I packed up all my stuff and headed over to Ben's. It was later in the evening, so we didn't really do much – just watched some Adventure Time and ate microwave popcorn for supper.
We decided to skip church on Sunday (heathens!) because it really is a pain in the neck to get there. And it's expensive, too! $6 per trip! I mean, it's worth it, always, but at the same time, we just wanted to spend the day together, since we hadn't been able to the day before. So we slept in instead (IN OUR OWN SEPARATE BEDS). I brought a new skirt that I had made this past week, and I didn't want my adorable outfit to go to waste, so I wore it and we pranced around Shattuck for awhile, enjoying the nice weather. We went to Safeway to get some munchies for the game and went to a park near the house and took photos of my cool new skirt.   


         Game coverage started at 3 our time. No one from our friend group was really doing anything (no one has a TV), so we found a place to stream it online. I was interested for about the first 30 minutes and then fell asleep and woke up after the power came back on in the stadium. I guess Beyonce's performance was so hot it melted some fuses or something... The 49ers were down by a lot so we decided not to watch because neither of us were that invested. We kept checking back in, though, and once they reached an acceptable level of decent play, we turned it back on and watched the last quarter or so. And let me tell you, they BLEW IT in the last 5 minutes. BLEW IT. SO HARD. I don't know a lot about football, but I really think they could have at least tied the game for a bit. But they didn't, even with all of my encouragement. But at least they played “O Fortuna” in the last 30 seconds, that was pretty exciting!
 

         On my way back to the BART, I realized that my new rear bike rack, which I had installed on Friday, was super loose. Evidently, riding over bumpy streets will shake loose the nuts and bolts holding it onto the bike. By the time I realized, I had lost about 4 nuts and 3 screws and the rack was just barely hanging on. I guess I'll have to put some tape on the threads or something so they won't come loose again. It makes an almighty racket when it's not tied down securely.   

No comments:

Post a Comment